Thursday, February 9, 2012

March Madness...

...in February!  What a funny evening it's been.  Our electricity has been off for the past couple of hours (this doesn't happen too often), and I've been enjoying reading by the natural light of our one window, but it was just beginning to be a bit too dark.  I headed out to the door to patron the coffee shop down the street, but when I got about 50 yards from the house, all the street lights popped on!  So back I went - to a house full of lights.  I put the laundry on again, got my computer up and going...and here I am.

Bret is coaching his boys to victory at a basketball tournament at our rival school - Chiang Mai International School.  Sadly I couldn't go with him (one of the first games I've missed) because the team left  mid-day.  They play all day tomorrow - Friday - and Saturday as well.  I'll be able to cheer them on Saturday! I also had my little English student today after school, that I couldn't exactly miss.  (Have I mentioned that I'm tutoring a little Korean kindergarten girl in English three times a week right after school?  She is aaaadorable!  Our meetings go by quickly - lots of talking and lots of game playing.   It's been a great way to meet a new family...and it's nice to have some fluff to buy a cute new top every once in awhile :) )

So...Bret's been in full swing of basketball, and the boys love him.  He can push them through a grueling practice of running and running and more running, and they'll still leave saying, "Thanks for practice, Coach!"  It's unbelievable! Certainly it's easy to love Bret, but man, these are a great bunch of kids, too!

Last weekend we hosted a Friday night game against CMIS (our rival that I mentioned) and what a fun night that was.  This is no Indiana high school basketball:  the boys varsity team typically plays Tuesday afternoons at 4:00...yeah...4:00 mid-week.  So to have a Friday night game was really a special thing.  Our boys won, which made it even better!  The boys even soaked Bret with a cooler of water and ice - just like the state finals :) ...and we're not even at the end of the season! Basketball, basketball, and more basketball - it's great!

While we're enjoying bball over here, we're also rooting on our Hoosiers!




No comments:

Post a Comment