Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Oh Rats!

Another one bites the dust....except it's not in the middle of our street this time.  We didn't think much of it when we walked into our BEDROOM last night and the air smelled a little "off." Honestly, it smelled like poop.  But we handled it like the champs we are: we went to sleep, woke up, went on with our day - nothing out of the ordinary.  Until we came home in the heat of the afternoon only to find our entire house (for the most part) smelling very much like poop.  As we nervously made the journey upstairs the smell got heavier and heavier until we reached our bedroom (not too far to travel from the rest of our house).  The culprit was certainly near by. Our nice bedroom had the fragrance of poop and puke "wrapped up in sin and nightmares" (as our friend Peter Harris likes to say)! It was unbelievable...immediately we could tell something was dead, and clearly it wasn't dead in the middle of our floor.


Those stinkin' rats that we can hear every night in our ceiling...have apparently lost a friend.


Anyway, on to better things.  Before the rats started smelling up our house, we got to celebrate our anniversary.  December 8th is a great day for an anniversary - and we celebrated well.  Bret bought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers :) He was actually heading up to my office - out of the locker room, through a snack bar area where all the kids were on break, over to the elementary building, then up to the 4th floor.  

BUT, I was heading to the snack area to meet a student, and all of the sudden I heard all the students start cheering.  I looked up and there was Bret walking around the corner with the beautiful flowers.  He wasn't expecting me to be there - I wasn't expecting him to be there.  It was so funny - all the kids loved it and were cheering for us, a few girls even snapped a picture or two.  Just like a movie - I've always said I felt like I was in a movie!  I've been trying to hunt down the pictures that were taken, and as soon as I can find one - I'll post it.  


We're so thankful to be married! 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary guys!!!
    How'd you get rid of the rat??? You left us hanging in suspense!!!

    ReplyDelete