Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cheer 'em on!

Oh man - probably the funniest thing since we've been here happened yesterday, and I've been laughing about it still today:

As I was walking through the hallway of our school on my way to lunch, I hear chanting.  "Nine! Ten!  Eleven!"  And as I'm walking it's getting louder.  "Twelve! Thirteen! Fourteen!"  Pretty soon, I get to the weight room, and what do I see but Bret, in all his glory, up on a machine doing dips.  All the kids surrounding him cheering.  "Fifteen!"  I was dying laughing!  Isn't he supposed to be cheering them on?!

Of course I had to walk in and cheer him on myself - I am his biggest cheerleader, you know.  In the midst of laughing at him, I got the whole story: apparently the record for dips during this class was 13, and before Bret could send the class to lunch they challenged him to beat it.  Well, if you know Bret very well, he certainly isn't one to pass up a challenge.  Remember when he said, "Oh yeah, I can swim across this pool under water" when he first saw our pool (the largest in Thailand - or so we've heard) ?  He hasn't swum across the whole pool, but he has made it halfway.

Bret's definitely the coolest PE teacher around - the kids loved it!  And it's given me laughs for over 24 hours now.

No comments:

Post a Comment