Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Everyone here is so nice!

One of the pictures I hope to remember forever was Bret and I driving home up the Hang Dong Road - thankful, so thankful that we weren't being pelted by the huge termites that seem to come out every so often as we had been just an hour earlier. In the bed of an old pick-up truck driving next to us was a lady holding a sleeping little girl - probably her grandaughter. It was just a 2-second interaction before we passed the truck but what a sweet interaction it was. As I smiled to her, she opened her mouth in a beautiful, wide smile that was so genuine.  Her smile had clearly enjoyed years of chewing betel nut for her teeth were stained a dark red - such a unique picture of the hill tribe people here.   She was so sweet to smile right back at me - she didn't even know me.  And this is how it always is when I smile - a hundred huge smiles coming right back at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment