Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Best Bits

We have some great friends here, The Coes, who spend a few minutes every night during dinner each sharing their "best bit" of the day.  I wanted to share some of my best bits with you.

1.  Watching, hearing, and cheering for Bret as he played at least 38 games of ping pong.  And he only lost once -- but it was the last game and earlier in the evening his opponent was heard saying, "I just want to beat him once.  Just once."  I think Bret was being nice.

2.  Ironing underwear.  It struck me today, as I was ironing our underwear, that I was actually...ironing our underwear.  Maybe some people typically do this, but I certainly never had.  It's pretty funny.

3.  Hearing that the Thai government has declared Chiang Mai and the surrounding provinces to be a "Cold Weather Disaster Area."  Seriously.  I read in the newspaper that we are advised to be wearing heavy clothing for protection.  It did get down to 58 degrees last night.

Thanks for listening to my "best bits."  What were yours?  I'd love to hear them. Leave a comment!

3 comments:

  1. This is alot like what one of the CL's at BSF does at her dinner table with her kids each night. They ask everyone at the table what was their high and their low for the day.

    Best bits for me from recently are celebrating Mark & I's anniversary on Sunday, our small group Christmas party last night (added cherry on the top...we played Battle of the Sexes and the women won), and laughing at you ironing your underwear! :) The things people do when living in Asia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, AnnaWiese, is Anna Warner...in case you didn't figure it out from the BSF comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing comments!! Keep 'em coming!
    Anna - Happy Anniversary :) I'm praying for you right now!

    ReplyDelete