Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Round 2

So, I'm not sure how I feel about blogging.  If you know me well - I've already had this conversation with you (maybe even if you don't know me well).  I feel like there's an apparent presumption that I think people want to read about my life if I take it on myself to blog.  So...just to be clear, I don't think everyone is interested in my life, but I do want everyone to be interested in the God we're serving.  So this blog is my attempt to let people know some of what God's got going on in Chiang Mai.  I have to have that mindset in order to actually commit to keeping up this blog - even with that mindset I might not do too well.

Also... several people have asked me to keep a blog (is that even the right lingo??), so I'm trying.  It will be fun to keep a record of what's going on here.

Now, onto the happenings in Chiang Mai!!  I am currently sitting in a coffee shop called Sojo's right across from Grace International School, where Bret and I are working.  Bret's doing the orientation thing tonight, meeting all his students' parents and giving them a 10-minute version of his PE class.  School started yesterday, and it sounded like he did a great job! One of our other newbie friends said he wished he would have had Bret for PE back when he was in school, and I think that desire stands based on yesterday :) Of course, I am his biggest fan!

The next major event of the week (apart from starting school) has been buying a motor scooter - try not to be jealous.  We have been transportation-free for the last few weeks, and it is nice to have a set of wheels to joy ride on.  Bret will be the main driver, and I was so impressed with how well he drove it right out of the lot.  He even remembered to drive on the left side of the road.  We also missed an important turn, so he had a chance to practice driving much longer than expected.  I practiced driving yesterday - and as long as I don't have to turn right, I'm fine.  Those right turns are pretty tough for me - I'm sure I'll get better.

So that's our update for now - we have an Activities Fair tomorrow night that will allow the Grace students to check out different clubs they can be a part of.  Bret and I are going to help out with something called "The Timothy Project" which trains upperclassmen to spiritually mentor younger kids.  We're really excited about that, and I'm sure we'll keep you updated on what's going on in that area.

Thanks for reading.  Could you please take a minute to pray for us??  We're praying to be a source of refreshment and encouragement to the missionary families here, could you pray that God uses us in that way?  Thanks!!

B & L

No comments:

Post a Comment